Job description / Role
Employment: Full Time
Are You Ready to take your career to the next level?
Be part of the pioneering team, the future’s leading mobile wallet services provider for individuals, commercial and government entities.
we are looking for a Compliance Manager/MLRO to join our team, responsible for:
• Be the Subject Matter Expert regarding current and latest relevant legislation and regulations affecting the organization, providing regular advisory to the organization’s senior management team and the board of directors of changes in the legal and regulatory environment that the organization operates in and steps to be taken by the organization to ensure compliance with the changes.
• Design, produce, implement, review, and update the organization’s SCP including compliance matrices, frameworks (such as the 3 Lines of Defence framework), policies and procedures to ensure the business is complying with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and notices as they relate to matters of compliance including AML/CFT requirements.
• Take the lead in shaping a compliance culture, collaborate with senior management to implement culture of compliance and ensure all staff behavior in line with the expectations of regulators.
• Provide support and training across the organization on a regular basis as well as on an ad-hoc basis as required, to ensure that all employees are kept aware and trained on their roles, responsibilities and obligations as related to compliance matters.
• Develop and update the regulatory and statutory reporting program and liaise with departments within the organization and third-party service providers to ensure timely and accurate regulatory reporting.
• Act as the primary point of contact with regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies for their requests and investigations. Liaise with regulators and external bodies on financial crime issues in order to share knowledge, report cases, develop best practices, and where possible, to improve coordination within the financial sector.
• Establish and drive compliance monitoring activities and control systems to ensure effectiveness and to deal with violations of legal / regulatory rules and internal policies regarding the operations.
• Assess company operations regularly and report back to business functions, the organization’s senior management team and the risk and compliance committee of the board of directors on current compliance performance, highlight or escalate areas of concern (non-compliance issues and compliance risk) and ensure these findings are rectified and recorded.