Job description / Role
Your new role
As a Business Development Intern, you’ll benefit from a reassuring structure at the beginning, before getting more flexibility once you’re set up to succeed, backed by expert colleagues who want you to learn and grow. No day is the same here at Hays.
In this role you will be required to:
• Gather contact information
• Research and collate target lists of potential future clients within certain specific industries
• Reach out to new and existing contacts in order to schedule meetings for Business Directors
• Handle client responses and assist in the planning and organising of business trips
• Anticipate what needs to drive the search to closure and be prepared to supply additional information, such as related industry trends, market findings, reaction to the opportunity, compensation data, etc., gained during the course of a search
• Be aware of activities and changes in the general business environment and in the industry specifically.
• Keep team members updated accordingly
• Add to the firm’s candidate pool expertise by continually identifying and introducing new talent to the firm.
• Ensure that up-to-date assignment, company, and candidate information during the course of an assignment is always available for colleagues
• Contribute to responses to enquiries for new business as well as business development activities
• Ad hoc admin duties